Some of the most famous eyes in Hollywood trust Dr. Gording
We are trusted by actors and actresses who need their lenses to be comfortable so as not to interfere with their craft. Make-up artists count on us to see that the lenses are a faithful representation of their creation. As computer graphics become commonplace, producers still prefer that the effect is done “in camera.” We achieve this by our dedication to service and responsibility. And when our lenses arrive on set, our contact lens techs are among the most sought after in the industry, assuring that the lenses are inserted and removed with minimal impact to the make-up.
Famous make-up artist Todd Masters once said, “Contact lenses were a hassle until Dr. Gording came along.” To Todd, Tony Gardner, Greg Cannom, the beloved memory of Stan Winston, and the many other make-up artists who have supported us for all these years, we say thank you by striving to live up that compliment with each new production.
If you need eyes for zombies or medical dramas; for a major motion picture, television show, or a Halloween party; from Hollywood to Bollywood; we are here to insure that you get the best effect possible.
Schedule An Appointment Today
Meet the Optometrist
Jonathan Gording, OD
Dr. Gording is a therapeutic optometrist and is licensed to examine the health of the eye, prescribe glasses and contact lenses, and treat eye diseases.
College: Washington and Jefferson University
Optometry School: Pennsylvania College of Optometry
Internship: Gesell Institute/Yale Child Development Clinic
Board Certification: Diplomate of the American Board of Optometry
After 9 years as a contact lens specialist for a large corneal specialty practice, Dr. Gording went into private practice. In addition to seeing private patients, he has been designing and prescribing special effect contact lenses to the motion picture industry for 20 years. Today, he still works closely with a corneal specialist. He is a staff member of Cedars-Sinai Medical Center.
Co-management of Surgery Patients: Dr Gording, in conjunction with A Center for Vision Care, assisted other optometrists with all aspects of co-management of cataract and RK patients.
PRIO Consultant: Dr Gording was among the first consultant to the eye doctors in the use of a special test to help other doctors prescribe for computer vision syndrome from Santa Barbara to San Diego.
Optos Retinal Panoramic Imaging: After being one of the first eye doctors in Los Angeles to acquire an Optos scanner, Dr. Gording was asked to lecture to other eye doctors in the use of the new retinal imaging device.
Dr. Gording currently serves as the director of optometric services at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center. He was previously the clinic chief for the optometry department.
- Ophthalmology Times; vol.33, no. 4; February 15, 2008
- California Optometry; vol. 36, no 6; Nov./Dec 2009
- The Artisan; vol. 4, no.4; Fall 2008
- Optometry Times: vol. 1, no. 6; September 2009
- Contribution to Emmy Award: Outstanding Make-up for Series: Babylon Five – 1994
- Contribution to Emmy Award: Outstanding Make-up for Series; Buffy the Vampire Slayer – 1997/1998
- Contribution to Emmy Award: Outstanding Make-up for Series: X Files – 1999
- Contribution to Emmy Award: Outstanding Make-up for Series: Angel – 2000
- Contribution to Emmy Award: Outstanding Make-up for Series: Black/White – 2006
- American Optometric Association
- California Optometric Association
- Los Angeles County Optometric Association
Special Effects Contact Lens Movie & TV Credits
- Sony Playstation Clown Prince
- Skittles the Trade
- Michael Jackson Ghost